All About Sprinklers and Irrigation Systems
Category: Irrigation | Sunday, January 1, 2012
Experts say that a healthy garden significantly increases the value of every home. Even if you are value conscious, a well-kept garden gives your home a good aura and impression. For a wonderful garden, you should provide it with its basic needs and take care of the plants. Besides regular weeding and fertilizer, your garden should water your garden regularly. Therefore, you should have effective San Diego water sprinklers to be able to carry out this task.
You can apply various watering systems to your home. Although you can water your plants manually, this can prove to be taxing and time-consuming. Thankfully, there are landscaping sprinklers and irrigation systems to choose from.
Here are several kinds of sprinklers to irrigate your garden
- Sprays create pretty fountains of water in smaller droplets and less pressure. They are great for an equal distribution of water.
- Rotors produce a more compact torrent of water and distribute it by a rotating motion or back and forth. These are perfect for plants that require more water and can reach far distances.
- Automatic and timed sprinklers are effective if you are not at home for most of the day. Your garden could be watered regularly even if you and the family are on vacation.
- Underground sprinklers are concealed beneath the ground and surfaces only when it needs to spray through a mechanism. This way, it will not be hit by a lawn mower and less chances of running kids tripping over the nozzle.
Water sprinklers truly provide convenience, but you have to monitor and do the necessary adjustments every now and then. Improper use of sprinklers can lead to high water bills and wastage.
Take care of the sprinklers by:
- Calibrating the pressure so you do not exceed in watering your plants.
- Consider the flora you have since some greens need more water while some need less. Knowing the different water needs of your garden helps in approximating the exact amount of irrigation it needs.
- Refrain from spraying continuously since plants cannot absorb water that fast. If you do this, some water will be absorbed by the earth and go to waste. Time your sprinklers to go off an hour apart.
- Use sprinklers at the most effective time, preferably between 7 AM to 10 AM and after 4 PM. The sun’s heat can evaporate the water thus id to does not stay too long on the ground.
Finding the right San Diego irrigation system for your garden needs several considerations such as your lifestyle and the kind of plants that you have in your lawn. Installing sprinkling irrigation systems can help in maintaining a healthy and lush garden without much effort and time.
You can find several water systems available for your home. Make sure to choose one that is most suitable for your lifestyle and your plants. It is also of vital importance to choose a mechanism that enables you to save water since there are devices that will just increase your water bills.